I. Use each of the following as the topic sentence of a paragraph. Write a new paragraph for each one.
1. Well, is it a done deal, then?
2. Don’t sully such an immaculate record.
3. The clamour for the latest scoop created a public outcry.
4. They have set their sights on the conference about climate change.
5. No one would want to buy such a gas guzzler.
6. Those remarks will generate tremendous buzz.
II. Use each of the following as the theme for a story. Write a one story per topic.
1. Financial woes
2. Sitting idle
3. Rallying around a cause
4. Some might have been well-heeled but ….
5. A Treasure trove of keepsakes
7. All natural